John Day

John (also known as William) Day has left few traces. He was born in about 1790, and died on 13 June 1860 at South Richmond.

In July 1836 he was living at the community at Three Wells River (re-named the Morgan, and later again the Cygnet) with ‘Governor’ Henry Wallan and two Aboriginal women. They had a small farm, described by Colonial Manager Stephens as of about five acres, with two acres under wheat as well as vegetables, pigs and poultry.

Share this page:

Comments or Questions:

No comments yet.