North West Bluff

It is likely that what the first settlers called the ‘North West Bluff’ is the headland now known as ‘Rapid Head’. Rapid Head marks the southern end of Rapid Bay. Hiram Mildred, who sailed with Colonel Light in 1836, referred to North-West Bluff marking the boundary of Yattogolinga Bay (renamed ‘Rapid Bay’), which was the Rapid’s first landfall on the South Australian mainland.

Map

Source:

The South Australian Register, Saturday, January 27, 1883, p. 6,

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/43474761

Share this page:


Comments or Questions:

No comments yet.

css.php