Wedge Island

South Australia’s Wedge Island is located at the entrance to Spencer Gulf, about half way between its two headlands. Captain Matthew Flinders named it on 24 February 1802, because of its shape.

Map

Sources:

Geoffrey H. Manning, Manning’s Place Names of South Australia Form Aaron Creek to Zion Hill, (2006), Gould Books, Modbury

Share this page:


Comments or Questions:

No comments yet.

css.php